Medical Insurance Highlights
Medical Insurance Highlights—Effective January 1, 2022
- The TRB Insurance plans will be administered by UnitedHealthcare. (Yes, all one word—no spaces!)
- Both Medicare Supplement and Medical Advantage plans will be offered.
- A summary of the costs and benefits is posted at https://portal.ct.gov/trb Click on Health Insurance and then click on Open Enrollment for 2022 Health Insurance Coverage.
- In-person or dial-in information sessions have been scheduled at various sites between October 18 and November 4. They are listed with the Open Enrollment Information.
- There will be one premium for medical services, prescriptions, and vision and hearing coverage. Dental cover-age is separate and still covered by Cigna.
- Renew Active replaces Silver Sneakers.
- UnitedHealthcare Plan Guide will be posted online at www.UHCRetiree.com/TRB and www.ct.gov/trb in Mid-October.
- Costs for the two plans are listed in the table below. The 2022 plans will be administered by UnitedHealthcare and will be effective on January 1, 2022. The 2021 plans were administered by Anthem.
- The decision to select either the Medicare Advantage plan (Base Plan) or the Medicare Supplement plan (Senior Supplement) should be made after careful consideration of your health history and your possible future needs.